top of page
AIDA INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have completed a course in First Aid with CPR within the last two years
- Have completed the AIDA 4 course or have completed the AIDA 4 Crossover Evaluation if crossing over from another freediving agency
- 1 dive to minimum 40m maximum 50m
- 1 dive to 30m lasting for a minimum of 1.30 minutes
- After a 1 minute breath-up hang at 15m for 45 seconds to a minute and then rescue a freediver with BO from that depth
- Stamina test: max 1 min preparation and then 5 consecutive dives to 20m, each with a 1 min surface interval
- Rescue from 25m followed by recovery at surface and 50m tow
- Static breath hold: minimum 4 minutes
- Demonstration of other disciplines: DNF, CNF and VW, no minimum requirement (but come on!)
- AIDA 2, 3 and 4 theoretical exams, final Instructor Course exam, practical exams on teaching and setting up equipment, oral presentation
Candidates should be prepared to complete all the requirements at the start of their Instructor Course (IC)
Minimum water sessions: 8
Within at least 10 full days candidates are trained to teach AIDA Freediving Courses. Classroom sessions cover variety of topics such as planning, marketing and running courses, teaching skills and theory, legal requirements and risk management.
Water sessions are used to complete performance requirements and skill demonstrations, not training (understand well you must be ready to enroll for this course).
As a part of their IC, candidates teach trial courses AIDA 2 and 3 under supervision of their Instructor Trainer. One month prior to their IC applicants receive studying materials as well as a topic of their own research which they will present during the IC as one of the practical exams.
bottom of page